Floriani's Dream Weave Sheer Fusible Interfacing
When adding embroidery to your most delicate fabrics such as silk, satin, lame or chamois, you can experience shredding. This occurs because the fragile fibers of the fabric are not capable of handling the constant penetration of the needle during the embroidery process. This can also occur in fabrics such as Lycra or spandex which are often used in dance uniforms or bathing suits. By fusing Floriani Dream Weave Fusible to the back of the fabric it helps to protect the fabric by giving it more body yet doesn't change the face or drape of the fabric. Also use as a lining in all types of fabrics for suits or garment construction. It is important to remember that Dream Weave is not a stabilizer. It is a very important step to prepping or preparing delicate fabrics for embroidery.
- Creates a bond with delicate fabrics without changing the face or drape of the fabric
- Fuse over embroidery to cover scratchy stitches. (Perfect on baby items)
- Keeps fabric from raveling or shredding during the embroidery or stitching process.
To use Floriani Dream Weave Fusible:
1. Cut a piece of the Dream Weave at least one inch larger than the embroidery design area.
2. Place the fusible side (rough side) to the wrong side of the fabric and press using a low temp, dry iron.
3. Using the appropriate stabilizer in addition to the Dream Weave, embroider the garment.
4. If desired, after the embroidery is complete, fuse one layer of the Dream Weave over the back of the design to keep if from scratching your skin.